Current spread in this district of Rajasthan, chaos ensued, 1 girl died, many injured

Karauli : A major accident happened in Karauli district of Rajasthan on Thursday morning. 7 boys and girls came under the grip of a high tension line which broke and fell in Bukna village of Sapotra. One girl died due to electric shock, while 5 injured were admitted to Karauli hospital and another one to Gangapur hospital for treatment. Two injured girls have been referred from Karauli to Jaipur in critical condition. The postmortem of the deceased girl is being done in Sapotra Hospital. Police is investigating the matter.

Current spread in the house from the earth wire of the transformer

The police have identified them as Monika daughter of Jitendra Mahavar, age 9 years, Sandhya daughter of Rajendra, age 7 years, Sonam daughter of Jitendra, age 12 years, Ayush son of Jitendra, age 6 years, Annu daughter of Rajendra, age 7 years, Priya Mahavar daughter of Jitendra, age 16 years. All these children were sleeping on the floor of their kutcha house in Naitik Bukna village. At around 5 am, suddenly the high tension wire broke and fell on the earth wire of the single phase transformer. Current spread in the house from the earth wire, after which there was chaos in the house.

Children got electric shock by touching cooler etc.

As soon as the children got to know about the current, they woke up from their sleep and got burnt due to the high voltage current flowing in the wall, cooler and other equipment. The children were brought to Sapotra Hospital in a burnt state for treatment, where Priya Mahavar was declared dead, while Ayush and Annu were taken to Gangapur City by their family for treatment. Sonam, Sandhya and Monika were brought to Karauli Hospital for treatment. After first aid in Karauli, the doctor referred Sandhya and Sonam to Jaipur in critical condition.

Annu and Sandhya were living at their maternal uncle’s house

Annu and Sandhya’s mother died in childhood, due to which they are living at their maternal uncle’s house in Bookna. Police is investigating the matter. Sapotra Hospital Medical Officer Dr. Hansraj Meena said that Priya Mahavar died due to electric shock. Postmortem has been done by Dr. Pankaj. Let us tell you that the high tension line has a current of 400 to 800 kV. This is much more than the current running in the wires of our house. That is why people die as soon as they come in contact with it.