Violence broke out in Rajasthan, heavy vandalism and arson, police deployed, know the matter

Jodhpur : After a dispute over removing the gate from the wall of Idgah in Sursagar, which is considered highly sensitive, and then peace, stone pelting suddenly started on Friday night. A shop and a tractor were set on fire and a jeep was vandalized. A station officer was injured due to stone pelting. The police sent people to their homes by hitting them with sticks and also fired 4-5 rounds of tear gas shells. Heavy police and RAC have been deployed. The situation was brought under control late at night, but there is a lot of tension. Some people have been detained. Actually, when the work of removing two gates from the rear wall of Idgah near Rajaram Circle started, the residents of the colony protested in the evening. People of the other group also came face to face. After this, the atmosphere became tense late at night due to stone pelting, arson and vandalism. When the police reached the spot and chased them away by lathi charge, the fleeing miscreants set fire to the tractor parked on the roadside. The glass of the Bolero was broken.

Police commissioner said- don’t know the reason for the dispute

The police brought the situation under control by firing four-five tear gas shells. Raids were conducted in houses late at night and the search for miscreants began. About 15-20 youths were detained. Both sides filed conflicting FIRs. A case has also been registered by the police. Police Commissioner Rajendra Singh says that the immediate cause of stone pelting could not be ascertained. The situation is under control.

The situation worsened again after the agreement

After talks between five people from both the groups, a consensus was reached on closing the gate at 9.30 pm. Both sides returned to their homes. The police started patrolling. At around 10.15 pm, 10-12 youths suddenly started pelting stones in the traders’ locality. This created panic. Stone pelting started from the other group also. People from one group set fire to Rais’s broom and grass-plank shop. The shop and all the goods kept in it were burnt. The fire could be extinguished by calling the fire brigade. The gate of a nearby house also burnt due to the flames.

The police chased away

The police chased away the rioters by beating them with sticks. While fleeing, they also set fire to a tractor parked on the roadside in the Subhash Chowk area. They vandalized a jeep. Deputy Commissioner of Police Sharad Chaudhary and other officers reached the spot and started chasing everyone by beating them with sticks. Five-six tear gas shells were fired near the traders’ locality and everyone was sent to their homes. Police Commissioner Rajendra Singh reached Sursagar late at night and took information about the situation.